The Rotary Club of Hamilton Township is holding its 5th Annual Soup 4 You Cook-Off, Monday, Feb. 27, from 4:30 to 7 p.m. at Steinert High School.
Attendees will enjoy a variety of soups, breads and cookies baked by the culinary arts students at the Sypek Vocational Center and then vote on the best soup in Hamilton.
Local restaurants take the opportunity to showcase their menus and specialty soup creations during the event. Competition is keen and guests are quite discerning in making their decisions.
Winners in the past have included Mamma Rosa’s on Klockner Road, Mannino’s 3 on Route 33, and Killarney Public House on Whitehorse-Mercerville Road.
Some participants this year include:
- Killarney’s Public House, defending their 2016 title
- Bill’s Olde Time Tavern, new to the competition
- Maninno’s 33, winners for 2014 and 2015
- Jersey Girl, a returning favorite
- Mamma Rosa’s, winner for 2013
- Coltello’s in Yardville, new to the competition
- La Piazza in Allentown, a family competition
Proceeds from the Rotary “Soup 4 You” Cook-Off provide scholarships for Hamilton’s graduating high school seniors entering college or local vocational/trade schools, a dictionary project for all third graders in Hamilton, as well a variety of other education-related opportunities for students.
Event parking is available at Steinert’s Yardville-Hamilton Square Road entrance. For more information visit hamiltontownshiprotary.org.