Community News Services expects all participants in the community areas of our website to act with maturity and consideration for other users to help make this an intelligent place for discussion.
We expect all participants to abide by the following guidelines (adapted from The Guardian’s community standards and policies):
- We welcome debate and dissent, but personal attacks (against authors or other users), persistent trolling and mindless abuse will not be tolerated.
- We will consider removing any content that others might find offensive or threatening.
- We will not tolerate comments that we perceive to be attacking people on the basis of their race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
- We reserve the right to redirect or curtail conversations which descend into flame-wars.
- We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libelous or defamatory postings, or material posted in potential breach of copyright.
- We will remove posts and comments that are obviously commercial or spamlike.
- If you post something that is unrelated to the original topic, it may be removed.
We do not selectively edit comments so that they meet our standards. If a comment violates our policies, it will be removed completely. Further sanctions may be considered for users identified as repeat offenders.
If you spot something troubling on our site, please report it.