The 20 Mercer County residents participating in the 52nd annual New Jersey Senior Citizen Art Show took home nine awards, including Best in Show in the professional division and four first-place honors.
Artists competed in 11 different mediums — acrylic, craft, digital Art, mixed media, oil, pastel, photography, print, sculpture, watercolor and works on paper — in the non-professional or professional divisions.
All entries were original artworks created within the past three years by artists age 60 or older. Among the 302 participants in this year’s New Jersey Senior Art Show, the oldest was 100 and 13 artists were in their 90s.
Norm Fesmire of Pennington was the big Mercer County winner with two awards: his oil painting “Out of Work During Depression” was judged Best in Show — professional, as well as first place, oil — professional.
Other Mercer County winners were:
- John Rounds of Lawrence, first place, craft — non-pro, for “New Jersey – County Map No. 4”
- Rima Phillips of Hightstown, first place, craft — pro, for “Dragonfly Launch Pad”
- Maia Reim of West Windsor, first place, digital art — pro, for “Wobblytown”
- Susan Gilli of Hamilton, honorable mention, mixed media — pro for “A Frenetic Flock”
- John Wells of Pennington, third place, photography — pro, for “Retrograde Minds”
- Ingrid Davis of East Windsor, third place, print — pro, for “Distant Vineyards”
- Dee Gozonsky of West Windsor, third place, watercolor — pro, for “The Arbor.”
Other Mercer County residents who participated in the statewide exhibit, all of whom were first-place winners at the Mercer Senior Art Show that concluded Aug. 3, were Robert Allard of Trenton, Cynthia Campbell of West Windsor, Amelia Chin of West Windsor, Connie Cruser of Hamilton, Pennie Denechaud of Pennington, Seymour Friedman of Pennington, Judith Miller of Hamilton, Annette Osterlund of West Windsor, Margaret Rosen of East Windsor, Cathy Tsao of East Windsor, and Beth Wham of Hightstown.