The Bordentown Regional Board of Education is accepting resumes and letters of interest to fill a vacancy representing Bordentown City.
term expires on Dec. 31, 2015. Only applicants who are residents of Bordentown City can be considered. The legal requirements for board membership are as follows:
• Be able to read and write
• Hold U.S. citizenship and one year’s residency in the school district
• Be registered to vote in the district before filing the nominating petition
• Have no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the board
• Not hold office as mayor or member of the municipal governing body or, in the case of county school districts, the county governing body
• Not simultaneously hold two elective offices
• Not be disqualified from membership for the conviction of certain crimes
(Within 30 days of election or appointment to the board, a member must undergo a criminal history background investigation through the state Department of Education.)
Please submit your letters and resumes to Mr. Eloi Richardson, CPA–Board Secretary, at 318 Ward Ave., Bordentown, NJ 08505 by 4 p.m. Feb. 11.